At M & E Engineering the majority of our work comes from repeat clients. Being responsive, dedicated and flexible, we have generated a legion of loyal clients. We stand behind our designs to provide performance and client satisfaction.
Over 50% of our projects are completed as prime consultant or Engineer of Record and the remaining as a consultant to other Design Professionals. As prime consultant, we frequently provide design services related to our project work, including architectural, structural, and civil engineering and laboratory analysis through reliable consultants. Our full services for a project include evaluation and programming, design and analysis, preparation of construction documents, bidding documents and distribution, and construction administration.
At M & E Engineering our engineers focus on listening to client requirements and creating a systems to meet their expectations for occupant comfort, luminance, lighting controls, interior and exterior aesthetics, ease of operation and maintenance, life safety, energy costs and budget.
At M & E Engineering, the Professional Engineers and experienced Mechanical Designers are familiar with many system types that help us fit the right system to our clients needs. M & E provides a wide variety of Mechanical Engineering design services, including:
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems
- Indoor air quality
- Radon mitigation
- Specialized ventilating and exhaust systems, ie for vehicles, commercial kitchens, laboratories, industrial areas, etc.
- Solar water heating systems
- Heat recovery
- Smoke evacuation and control systems
- Central plant systems
- Energy modeling and computer analysis
- Control systems
- Plumbing systems, including domestic water, sanitary waste, site well systems, and natural/LP gas
- Water harvest (collection) and reuse
- Medical gas and vacuum systems
- Compressed air systems
At M & E Engineering our Professional Engineers and experienced Electrical Designers provide our clients with solutions to meet all of their requirements. This includes everything from lighting selection to electrical distribution systems. Our Electrical Engineering services include:
- Medium and low voltage electrical distribution systems
- Lighting design and control systems, including occupancy controls
- Lighting analysis and modeling
- Photovoltaic systems
- Fire alarm systems
- Technology systems
- Security systems
- Lightening protection
M & E Engineering has a long history in energy conservation. Team member have been conducting energy audits and technical assistance evaluations (studies to find effective ways to reduce utility bills) since 1977. We continue to design energy conservation projects to match the level of interest of the building Owner and the maintenance staff for facilities ranging from small rural schools to Los Alamos National Laboratory. Most recently our work has included energy calculations, grant applications, design of retrofit projects and construction administration for ARRA (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act) funded project. Our extensive services include:
- Energy analysis and modeling for building design, retrofit options and sustainable building requirements
- Zero net energy building
- Building walk thoughts and energy audits
- System energy use comparisons
- Modeling and credit documentation for LEED
- Life cycle costing
- Grant applications for financial opportunities
- Economic impact of energy code analysis
- Training for building occupants and maintenance staff
- Investment grade audits
M&E Engineering has been performing environmental engineering since 1988, providing assessments, inspections, sampling, and abatement or remediation for:
We perform visual surveys to determine the extent of suspected containing materials and the required number of samples of each suspected material. Samples are collected with analysis being performed by a certified laboratory. When containing materials are discovered, we prepare abatement or remediation plans to direct remediation companies to bid on its removal.
Our experience allows us to take advantage of techniques we have developed over the years to minimize costs of and disruption to the general construction project. Our projects conform to the highest standards for chain of custody from the building to the certified landfill with air monitoring when necessary.
Fire Protection Engineering
Highly respected for years of working in conjunction with fire marshals and departments around New Mexico, M & E Engineering provides extensive fire protection engineering services, including:
- Water and special agent fire extinguishing systems
- Site water and fire pumps
- Evaluations for special storage needs, ie archival, theatrical, hazardous materials
- Consultation with code officials
Each year an engineering firm typically handles ten times the number of projects as an architecture firm of the same size since the project engineering scope of work is only a portion of a building. With more projects to complete, the engineering project managers gain far more project management and construction administration experience. Government and institutional clients have appreciated our attention to detail during the construction of a project and request assistance with projects designed by other design professionals.
Our services include:
- Conducting regular construction meetings
- Follow through with problem solving
- Documentation of activity, solutions and funds in regular meeting minutes
- Judicious use of contingency funds
- Interaction and resolution with code officials